ANKLE & FOOT CENTERS PC - PROVIDERS OF TOLCYLEN FOR FUNGAL NAIL TREATMENT
Tolcylen Topical Agent Combines Antifungal, Cosmetic, And Nail Renewal Treatment
Dispensed Only by Physicians
NAIL FUNGUS IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF UNHEALTHY-LOOKING NAILS.
Other conditions like trauma, bacterial and yeast infections, psoriasis, and diabetes can cause unhealthy looking nails that will not respond to fungal nail treatment alone. The Tolcylen™ Antifungal Solution also contains a combination of cosmetic, hydration and nutritional ingredients that can improve the appearance related to most nail conditions.
What should I know about Nail Fungus?
- Fungal Nail Infection is a condition that can also be referred to as Onychomycosis (on-ih-koh-my-KOH-sis) or Tinea Unguium.
- The first sign of nail fungus may appear as a white or yellow spot under the tip of the toenail. As the fungus grows, it may cause your nail to discolor to yellow, green, or black and thicken and crumble.
- Most nail fungus is caused by microscopic organisms called fungi that do not require sunlight to survive. Some of these same organisms also cause Athlete’s Foot.
- Fungi thrive in warm, moist places.
- Nail Fungus and Athlete’s Foot are contagious.
- Without fungal nail treatment the toenails can become so thick that they cause pressure, irritation, and pain, and can spread to adjacent nails and skin.
What are my treatment options?
- Topical Over-the-Counter Medications available at the foot care aisle
- Topical Medications Dispensed only by a Physician (Tolcylen™)
- Prescription Only Topical Medications (Kerydin and Jublia)
- Prescription Only Oral Medications (terbinafine and itraconazole)
- Laser Treatments (GenesisPlus)
- Surgical Procedures (removal of toenail)
- Combination of the Above Options
Discuss your options with your physician to determine the best course of treatment for you- As your Marietta Podiatrist / Foot Specialist, Dr. John can suggest the best treatment for your particular condition.
What to Expect with Tolcylen Solution use:
Anti-fungal ingredients can take several months of daily use before affecting the fungal infections that can cause nail fungus. Once nail fungus has been eliminated, the new, healthy nail growth starts from the cuticle and spreads towards the tip of the nails. Unfortunately, anti-fungal ingredients work well on the skin but do not penetrate the nail surface on their own.
Unlike other medications, Tolcylen™ contains several penetrating agents that can provide access to the nail fungus. Tolcylen™ also contains a combination of cosmetic and nail renewal ingredients that are proven to reduce or eliminate discolored, thickened, brittle and unhealthy looking nails, while also providing the nutrients and hydration needed for healthy nail growth. Some patients begin to see improvement in their nail appearance in as little as two weeks. Ask your physician about using Tolcylen™ to prevent re-infection and as a daily nail renewal product. Tolcylen™ Skin cream and Shoe Spray can be used to augment the preventive fungal nail treatment.
Discover why hundreds of Doctors have made Tolcylen their standard treatment for onychomycosis and other nail pathologies.
- Low molecular weight, low surface tension formula can penetrate to the nail bed
- Clinically proven to kill fungus and improve nail appearance with once daily application
- Combination of anti-fungal medication, urea, lactic acid and nail renewal ingredients
- Available without a prescription in a patient preferred tube/brush system